Thursday, 4 April 2019

Ma!...

I came home early from work last afternoon totally exhausted. I headed straight to my bed and just collapsed in it, whole body still wet from my perspiration from the hot afternoon sun. I fell into a deep momentary sleep, or more appropriately, a nap, although I was struggling to keep awake. It was just not normal for me to do afternoon naps but I was just too exhausted. After what might have been a 5-min sleep, I woke up, and in my drowsy and confused state, I called out “Ma!...”. I thought my mum was watching tv in the living room. The realisation that my mum died 3-plus years ago sank in as I slowly gain consciousness. It was not a good feeling. I felt really sad. 

Some things just do not leave your subconscious.

Sighs.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeffrey,

    On the other hand, some things just do not leave our subconscious.

    Maybe you should have accepted the nap as a gift? Dreams can allow our memories to express and your mum could have had a visit. If that was your need.

    Best regards, Edwin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edwin

    Perhaps so. I guess I was just coming down with a flu and I’m this state of between “neither here nor there” (not healthy and not sick), the state of mind could be a little weak. But I admit - I don’t think I’ll ever let go of the memories of my mum.

    :-)


    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete