Wednesday, 24 April 2019

Genting Highlands

Took a trip to Genting Highlands over the last weekend and wow, the place had changed so much I couldn't recognise!

The last time I was there in 1984, there was only one hotel and it was mostly forested. I also recalled a huge lake that had an arch formed by two giant brontosaurus. The lake and the brontosaurus are not there anymore. Today, there are so many hotels, theme parks and the place is so so bloody crowded! And I'm not sure if it's me or it's true - that the place is not as cool. One of the deepest impression I had of Genting was waking up in the morning to see thick clouds below the hotel. It felt magical, really like we were in the heavens. But I don't see such sights today, possibly because my hotel this time round was not right on top of the mountain.

Anyway, it was an eye opener and I supposed what I saw and experienced are signs of time. I mourn the lost of all the calm, peace and unadulterated nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment