Thanks for visiting and leaving the comment. I do say the issues (or personal attacks) put forth by the candidates are good fodder for "locker room" talks... heh... but yeah, i had expected so much more from the conversations that are going on. I do wonder if the strong support for the man was because they could identify with him and what he said (that connects with the common man on the ground) and/ or a direct result of the failure of politicians as a whole to engage the ground.
whatever it is, there is a real need to relook at the system as a whole after this whole election is over (and hopefully, some logic and common sense prevails when people vote).
for now, all of us have to just wait patiently for it.
I can only imagine what's going on on the ground. Much as I didn't want to comment (being an external), I do seriously think things need to be relooked at many levels, e.g., the feasibility of the 2-party system and whether they are sufficient to serve the diverse views of the american people, within both parties - the need to relook at how candidates are vetted and selected, within the society as a whole, how people are engaged and how policies are explained, the whole communications strategy, etc etc etc... it would be really challenging to get the country going forward if the country cannot get the politics right in the first place.
lots of soul-searching to do after this whole elections.
till then, i can only wish all of us the very best of luck.
I agree and I live here in the U.S. WTF!!! It is so disgraceful and embarrassing.
ReplyDeleteHi Jeffrey,
ReplyDeleteIt really is so much worse up close :-)
But, really, people are just seeing what has always been there as they pay more attention and try to make a serious decision.
I'm with her. Edwin
P.S. who would have predicted a Bush cousin would be caught in the middle ;-)
Hi Crad,
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting and leaving the comment. I do say the issues (or personal attacks) put forth by the candidates are good fodder for "locker room" talks... heh... but yeah, i had expected so much more from the conversations that are going on. I do wonder if the strong support for the man was because they could identify with him and what he said (that connects with the common man on the ground) and/ or a direct result of the failure of politicians as a whole to engage the ground.
whatever it is, there is a real need to relook at the system as a whole after this whole election is over (and hopefully, some logic and common sense prevails when people vote).
for now, all of us have to just wait patiently for it.
Jeffrey
Hey Edwin,
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine what's going on on the ground. Much as I didn't want to comment (being an external), I do seriously think things need to be relooked at many levels, e.g., the feasibility of the 2-party system and whether they are sufficient to serve the diverse views of the american people, within both parties - the need to relook at how candidates are vetted and selected, within the society as a whole, how people are engaged and how policies are explained, the whole communications strategy, etc etc etc... it would be really challenging to get the country going forward if the country cannot get the politics right in the first place.
lots of soul-searching to do after this whole elections.
till then, i can only wish all of us the very best of luck.
jeffrey