I was on my morning walk a couple of days ago when, out of nowhere, I felt a pair of wings flap clumsily right across my face. I looked up and saw a majestic Oriental Pied Hornbill perched on a tree branch just beside me.
It was the first time I’d ever encountered a hornbill up close, so bloody close! Standing at around 45 centimetres tall, it was an impressive sight. I froze, took out my handphone, and quietly observed and video it as it picked fruits and hopped from branch to branch.
Hornbills usually travel in pairs, but this one was alone. I couldn’t help but wonder if it was a male foraging for fruits to bring back to his mate - perhaps nesting nearby.
What a beautiful, unexpected encounter. It was indeed my lucky day! Very nice!

It's your 桃花运 streak. It's looking for some fun, mate. ;P
ReplyDeleteErm… it’s a hornbill… not a horny bill 😅
ReplyDelete