We have just passed the peak of the annual Hungry Ghost Festival that falls on the seventh lunar month every year. And for some reasons, I’ve noticed a trend. Every year during this month, something terrible will happen to me, such as, accidents, sickness, etc. And for some reasons, immediately after the seventh lunar month passes, all sickness and accidents will cease.
And this year is no exception. Have been feeling out of sorts and had had super bad diarrhea for the past 4 days and it doesn’t seem to be getting any better. Went to see the doctor 2 days ago and my stomach cramps improved a bit but the runs returned last night. I had to run to the toilet almost every hour or so. I have been ejecting nothing but gastric juices and it’s very unpleasant. Am totally dehydrated now and had been worried through the night cos of elevated pulse rate. The fear of having a sudden cardiac arrest was real. Anyway, will head to the doctor again later. Let’s see how things go.
The seventh month ends in a week plus. Even if I’m not superstitious, the many years of lived experience assure me that things should be ok soon.
Maybe you picked up a bug on your trip? Weird that this sickness just comes out of the blue.
ReplyDeleteHey Rob,
ReplyDeleteI suspect it was some semi-cooked food ate over the last weekend. Whatever the case, it’s been a tough week and I’m just so glad it is over and I’m back to normal diet again.
Thanks for dropping by 😊
Jeffrey