Since speaking with my HR sometime back, I have decided to head back to my company. The job that has been broadly scoped for me is rather exciting. It's a new port folio and I have the ability to shape the size of the role. I will also be required to set up my team from scratch and for a start, a new headcount has been given to me. So, yeah, will start work again in 2 weeks. Objectively, one part of me still wants to continue with this semi-retired lifestyle that I have gotten used to. But of cos, I am fully aware that I will need to re-engage socially and head back to work. And not to mention, the constant source of income and medical benefits that an employment will provide.
I wish I could keep my current income -- but not have to work. That would be perfect. How could I make that happen? Sadly I don't know how I could do this, so will also have to continue working.
ReplyDelete:-) Isn't this the dream of many? If we have a clarity of our expiry date, things would have been easier (to plan) right? But alas, such details are not determined by us and thus makes end-of-life planning challenging. How's the planning for your year end trip? At the rate things are opening up, I do not see any reasons why it should not happen now!
ReplyDelete