I was saddened by the sudden passing of Queen Elizabeth II. Despite knowing it will come, it still didn't seem real when it happened.
70 years of dedicated service - longest of any monarch in British history and a period that saw unprecedented changes in the world and to the monarchy. She was truly a remarkable person. Her passing marked the end of the Elizabethan era, an era never to be seen nor experienced again by the world.
I have been following the royal funeral formalities in BBC daily and it felt surreal. It was not too long ago that we visited Holyroodhouse Palace (and where I marvelled at this picture depicting Her Majesty in her Scottish regalia against the Scottish countryside background), the Royal Mile, Edinburg Castle, and so on. These memories are still so vivid and fresh.
She will be sorely missed by many.
Please rest in peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment