I have a name that is considered common yet there are enough variants of it that my friends do continue to make the mistake of typing it wrongly. Here are some variants, depending on whether you use the old British English, modern British English, American, Malay, Indonesian or some non-conventional versions:
- Jeffrey (my name)- Geoffrey- Jeffery- Geoffery- Jefferey- Jeffry- Jefri- Jufri (I sometimes use this as my nick)- Etc
And just today, a close "friend-in-law", and a insta-buddy addressed me as Jeffery. I corrected her and shared a simple trick to remember the correct spelling - just remember Jeffrey is very fREe...
Here're some nick/names that people around me address me by. Some are really affectionate (such as frey (my family calls me this), baba, papa, daddy, sistar, bitch, slut, or simply pa). And amongst the many, there are two that I can never bring myself to really accept. They are Bro and Dude. It's just me.
:-)
Hi Jeff,
ReplyDeleteI feel you. I raise my eyebrows when someone addressed me as bro. Dont know why but its just not me.
Thanks for sharing!
regards
kg
Ikr! :-)
ReplyDelete