It was indeed an interesting experience, and a little scary too. Was brought into the cubicle, asked to place my head on the chin rest and the next few steps was crazy...
The doctor placed a concave shaped probe that stuck onto the whole eyeball. And then he moved the probe and it felt it he was grabbing and in control of the eyeball. Was asked to look at different directions as he looked for the hole. It was rather uncomfortable as the probe had a blinding bright light that shone through it into my eye. Once he found the hole, he zapped it with laser. All in all about 6-8 zaps were applied. As he zapped, the eye felt like it was gonna explode. Scary shit.
But in no time, it was done. Initially, I couldn't see anything with my eye. But soon enough, the opaqueness cleared off and everything appeared red. Within 5 min, I regained full clarity of my vision. All done. Was told the floaters will still be there but the issue of the hole have been addressed.
Well, it was an interesting Saturday for me alright!
Okay. Let's just say that certainly isn't your normal Saturday dinner conversation....
ReplyDeleteBut - get well soon!
Heh heh.. thanks Dazza!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're ok.
ReplyDeleteA hole in your retina? How did that happen? Seems very strange.
Hey,
ReplyDeleteYeah, I’m just as baffled. The doctor could only say it could be due to age... well, glad they managed to address the issue...
Jeffrey
Hi Jeffrey,
ReplyDeleteGlad you caught it so quickly and they could repair.
Oh my, Edwin
Indeed Edwin.
ReplyDeleteWould have been terrible if it developed into a full blown tear.
Have a great start to a new week!
Jeffrey
Hi,
ReplyDeleteI feel you. I had retina detachment at the age of 35. Its one fine day that there is no vision on my right eye.
I still went to work, and went to OPD ; and was warned by OPD dr to seek immediate ED attention.
I was caught off guarded, being working in healthcare for many years.
I had a urgent op the next day. But , to my horror; I developed cataract in my (R) eye again when I was 37. I freaked out; and the question "why me" came to my head continuously.
I had developed a retina tear in my (L) eye and went through laser tx. It was painful and tramatising as my (L) eye could not open due to the laser. Finally one young male dr put LA and the laser was successful.
Never joke issues with eyesight!
May you have a speedy recovery!
KG
Thanks KG
ReplyDelete:-)