Friday, 5 October 2018

Blockage

I had just gone to the clinic for a post-op check up.

The doctor said that my ablation procedure done two days ago was one of the most complicated he's ever done cos the palpitation occurred "all over the heart instead of the usual places" and appeared halfway into the op. According to him, the procedure would last no more than 2-3 hours but mine lasted more than 7 hours. And as CT scan revealed a 70-80% blockage in one of the main artery, he would have to refer this back to the specialist that referred me (to him). For now, he has given me medication and I am to go for a review in a months' time. I might have to insert a stent (balloon) if the blockage doesn't clear.

Let's see how things go.

5 comments:

  1. I know this is scary....but there are some amazing things heart docs can do now. Why would the blockage go away by itself? Now you are facing angioplasty or bypass?

    I wish you the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi RB, I am possibly looking at angioplasty. But I’m the meantime, I’ve been put on statins and a possibility of doing another scan next month to assess if the blockage is indeed 70-80%. If it’s lower, say 50% or less, then I might be placed on longer term medication before another review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second guessing your Doctors decisions in allowing you to discharge first, might means the blockage not too serious. If not being total blocakage than another simple pinhole ops similar to your earlier for a angioplasty could take about an hour or so. These days bio degradable stents also allow faster and better recovery. Been told that a good big bowl of roll oats (about the size of a prawn noodle serving) help cut down cholesterol if that what causes yr blockage but it a long daily process. May not be in time for your follow up but still good to maintain for a healthier health.
    As for your bruises, if you are prescribed with blood thinners than expect more of these in your near future even at the slightest knock. Zambak cream may help for bruises mark to go away faster. For itch relief (my mild eczema) these days instead of going back to GP for steroid cream, I find 'mopiko' the jap mosquitos bite reliever helps much ( at least for me it does).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, thanks ShyC! I learned something new! Didn’t occur to me that the blood thinner could have made the bruising worst! Am feeling much better now as the rashes has subsided. Found that yoko yoko worked for me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathless is not a good sign. Angiogram is a good measure tool already. Why must go for scan again. Quickly get it fix. It is like a time bomb man.

    ReplyDelete