Sunday, 28 October 2018

Breathlessness

Since the procedure, I had gone on a business trip to Bandung and extended my stay there for a weekend to explore the volcanic craters. It was a good trip apart from the fact that throughout the trip I was constantly gasping for breath. It was very uneasy and very unsettling - imagine gasping for breath and still feeling I was not able to get the necessary oxygen into my system despite breathing in as hard as I could. I had worried about the possibility of a cardiac arrest whenever I headed out of the hotel. I was conscious that I have a blockage while at the same time, I was not sure the quality of medical services should I suddenly collapse...

I was very glad I made it home eventually. Will head for a review next week. Hope to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, scary. Any chest pain? This has been going on for a while. I hope you can get it resolved soon and have some peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are probably already given appointment date for Bruce Protocol Stress Test (threadmill exercise test) or Myocardial perfusion imaging, maybe 3 month down. As you just had the operation, most likely your breathlessness would be obvious even when going up a steep up slope or going up stairs. Just be mindful to take it slow and easy. Rest or pause when ever required. May take a while to recover. 1-2 years? Not sure, do check with your cardiologist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg. Just read this. Make sure you have GTN standby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all! Am awaiting my medical reviews and the appointment for the stent to be inserted.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete