Saturday, 25 February 2017

speaking to my nephew

i called my maid to arrange for her to pick her luggage. it so happened that when i called, she had just picked my nephew up from his school and she passed the phone to him. he was crying when i spoke with him but was able to address me and answered some of my questions. he refused to talk further after a while and passed the phone back to the maid.

in the conversation, i thought he sounded far away and that the connection i had with him had been lost. it saddens me. then again, when the maid took over the phone, she explained that he was not in a good mood and was crying due to some activities in school that he didn't like but had to participate (didn't catch what she said but i think it was something to do with cleaning). whatever the case, i reminded myself that over time he will forget about me and that i should just move on.

while i thanked the maid for letting me talk to him, i was also scared that she might get into trouble if my nephew will talk about it. she had done something that she knew would get her into trouble. but i supposed it was because she was going home that she took the risk. anyway, i have not heard anything from her os far and i assumed everything went well.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff,

    This reply may be late. Yr nephew must have call you in distressed and thought of you. He must be very young then. He must be cute and innocent.

    That was a nice thought. You have been a good uncle to him and must have played a good role model.

    Im unsure what has conspired between the relationship between his father and you.

    It is unfair & selfish that his father denied of yr entries and visitation to yr nephew.

    My brother till now is a selfish bastard that I have not spoken to him for years. Elder nephew still drops by to my place almost daily to visit my mum for dinner. I meet him for weekend dinners cos I work long hrs.

    There is no love between elder nephew and the selfish bastard after his divorce. I make a point to send him gd morning messages and to bring him overseas whenever I can. (Buy tickets then SMS the bastard that Im going to bring him overseas).

    Unsure the relationship between yr nephew and his father, but my sense is his father is selfish like the bastard.

    Life is hard, why make it harder?

    I hope you can break through the wall and continue to love yr nephew unconditionally.

    jiayou

    (sorry for my curt language)

    kg

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries for the language Kg. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I’ve decided to move on and not subject myself to my brothers hostilities. It is painful to have to leave my niece and nephew but I take solace in that they have a loving mother. And I’m sure my brother loves them dearly too.

    Hopefully I will be able to see them one day but I’m sure they will not remember this uncle of theirs.

    ReplyDelete