Wednesday, 1 January 2025

Focus for 2025 - Rebuilding

In mid-2023, I embarked on a journey to reinvent myself to a self-employed freelancer, living authentically on my own terms. The target is to fully achieve this by the time I turn 60 in 2026. After over a year of capacity building, it is time to rebuild myself. In 2025, I aim to achieve a sense of normalcy and financial stability by focusing on the following areas:

Personal Life 
  • Celebrate independence and savour the journey of rediscovering myself. 
Well-Being & Health
  • Maintain both physical fitness and mental health as priorities. 
Family & Relatives 
  • Maintain current relationships while preserving a strong sense of self and independence.  
Professional Growth 
  • Build my training and coaching expertise, turning them into income streams, with a particular focus on training.
Financial Health 
  • Establish a predictable income from training to rebuild my finances while maintaining a lean and sustainable lifestyle. Focus on coaching as a means to help others and clock hours toward achieving higher-level credentials, with any income from coaching being incidental.

Additionally, I recognize the importance of long-term planning to support my retirement. This includes applying for public housing, which will likely take 3-5 years to build. By the time the flat is ready, I’ll be around 65, coinciding with the start of my CPF Life payouts. Moving forward, every step I take will contribute to my broader vision of financial security and a fulfilling retirement.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's good that you've set priorities for 2025. Now keep them in focus every day.

    I thought everyone in Sg was a homeowner through public housing? Will you have to move to a new place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rob,

    Nice to hear from you again.

    I am a private home owner and not a public housing home owner. I will need to purchase a public housing (HDB) property to be one, in which case, I will need to sell off my private home.


    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete