Wednesday, 18 December 2024

Draining but meaningful

It has been an interesting and very draining past few days filled with numerous intense conversations. The following stood out:
  • A friend, who had over the last many years/ months, shared about his ailing mother, texted me last Friday to tell me she's very ill. The conversation that followed was not an easy one as I had to tenderly share pointers about managing the care arrangements, navigating relationships and what he should consider when she passes on. I was glad to share what I shared. His mum had since passed on.
  • Another old (perhaps my oldest) friend, shared about his mum's bad fall and how she broke her wrist and shoulder.  It came as a surprise cos his mum had been a very careful and independent person. And to hear of her fall, I can imagine how difficult it must have been for her, and for him.
  • I met up with a couple of colleague turned friend turned coaching client over the last 3 days. And for some reasons, the conversations were all rather intense. But I noted that the themes were quite similar - what are the causes of their current tensions, how to define their future self, and what they must do as they navigate their journey to realise their future self. Such conversations are not easy as it requires a whole lot of EQ to call out things which, if delivered wrongly, could sound offensive.
And today is only Wednesday... I am already feeling drained, but on the other hand, I am glad I could support these friends in ways that are meaningful to them. It is also perhaps an opportune time to do so as they move towards closing this year.

2 comments:

  1. In many ways all that you have been through, has led you to being able to help them. Who knows... Maybe that's all the reason there is for what was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dazza, lovely to hear from you again!

    The conversations made me believe that a persons’ experience does help; and if sharing my experiences allows me to provide a perspective of how things can be done, I will be most happy to do so.

    Wishing you an early blessed Christmas and a great 2025 ahead!

    ReplyDelete