Thursday, 31 October 2024

Unmotivated

I am not sure if this is depression but I am totally not in the mood to do anything, no mood to socialise, no mood to do anything that, objectively, I know I must do to, say, generate income. Just feel totally unmotivated to want to take any steps forward. There's always this voice in my head that tells me to not rush and just relax... that I should just take my time... procrastination? I just don't know how to describe. I mean, I am not feeling unhappy per se. There's a sense of aimlessness or lack of purpose. Things just don't have any meaning to me. But I am not suicidal. So… perhaps I’m not depressed after all.

I am just so so unmotivated.

4 comments:

  1. I gone thru that when I went for early retirement. Finally cannot tahan and went back to the workforce. - Yip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am telling myself that no matter what, I must make this work cos it is to prep me for my eventual retirement :-)

      Delete
  2. People have those kind of unmotivated days and maybe a week. If it goes on for longer it might be concerning. My thoughts....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do suspect it will continue for a while for me and that such feelings is a result of the convergence of many things in my life this year... work transition, personal life, etc. Let's see how things go...

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts Rob! Hope all are well on your side.

    ReplyDelete