Continuing from where I left off in my last post about people from Grindr. This time round, I will talk about people who responded after I posted in Grindr that I wanted to rent out a room. I had many responses that asked about the rental rate, visuals of the apartment and room, tenure, etc. Quite a few left after enquiring these details and I left it as it was. But here're some of the more interesting ones that I experienced:
- For a start, in term of tenant profile, I didn't want Indians, Middle Eastern, Muslims, as well as PRCs. People with such profiles tend to have very different social habits and possibly dietary needs that might not be too comfortable if they were to stay with me and me them. Objectively, I prefer cabin crew tenants as they tend to fly often and would not be home most of the time. But alas, cabin crew doesn't earn much and thus fall out of the range of people that can afford the rental cost. So...
- And talking about people who cannot afford the rental, I had a chap who claimed to be a student. He asked about the rate and said he could only afford to pay me half of what I was asking for. And he then attached a picture of his cock and said - I pay you what I can pay and let you play with me. I was taken aback with such a request and simply replied - please do not do this to yourself. This chap obviously didn't get what I was saying and insisted - I am only a student and don't have money. I will let you play with me and I can serve you. And if I don't tell, you don't tell, no one will know about it. Well, I simply block him from Grindr.
- A Malaysian Chinese enquired about the room and came over the view the place. He fitted the profile I was looking for - 30s, working adult, Malaysian Chinese, and came across as decent enough from the way he communicated. And when he arrived, he started asking about what he can wear, whether it is ok to wear loose boxer shorts etc. At one point, it seemed the conversation would head towards sex talk but thankfully it didn't. For potential tenants, I’d prefer not to have anything sexual involved. In the end, he didn't proceed with the rental as he felt the cost was beyond what he could afford. But after that, he started texting me frequently in Grindr - where are you now, what are you doing now, where did you go to... and on top of that, he started to send me cock pics... (roll eyes)... it felt like he was stalking me!
- Another chap (similar profile to the above) came to view the place. I was pleasantly surprised when I met this guy - super cute, a little bashful and works in the finance industry. And so he came to view the place, walked around... and then we sat down and chatted a bit about the cost, the facilities etc. And he said he wanted to visit the toilet and excused himself. A couple of minutes later, he called out to me. I went to the toilet, he opened the door and he stood there - in a skimpiest see-through underwear and asked - can I wear this if I rent your place. LOL! I simply said - you sure can but you have to be conscious of and be respectful of any neighbours who might possibly be able to look into the room... anyway, he ended up not renting the room as its beyond his budget.
- One particular chap (an Indian) texted me and asked about the details as per most people. Then he went on to ask suggestive questions like - can I wear this or that when I am in the house, what would you do if you see me edging myself and I forgot to close the door, can I fantasise about you when I jerk off, etc... It was rather weird for such questions to surface and I quickly realised that he was treating the conversation as some sort of a sex talk and has not intentions to rent the room. I decided to leave him be and ignored him.
- Another Indian guy texted me and asked for a chance to view the room. From the line of questioning, it seemed like he was genuinely interested to rent the room. To be honest, I was a little hesitant to rent it out to Indians as explained above. Nonetheless, after he asked a few times, I agreed to the viewing request. He arrived, walk around the house and he entered the room, took a look and then he walked into my room and started to grab my balls. I was taken aback and told him, no, the visit is to view the room and not an invitation for sex. Anyway, cut the long story short, he left shortly after and texted an apology after that.
The above were just some of the more interesting characters I had to entertain when it came to renting my room. I had also concurrently asked my sis (who works in the property line) to assist in sourcing for tenants. So, she managed to get a decent overseas student who came to view the place with his family. Well, let's see how things go. Nothing is firmed as yet, but if all go well, he will move in within the next 2-3 months.
Haha .. so interesting
ReplyDeleteTwo points:
1. You've still got it!
2. This can be a new pick up technique for Grindr
Lol
Harry_d
Hey Harry!
ReplyDeleteBeen a while! Hope you’ve been keeping well!
Indeed… very interesting.
I really hoped to have a gay tenant to avoid offending the tenant inadvertently and to avoid potential tenants who might be homophobic. But these experiences were totally unexpected and in a warped way, a boost to the confidence…
haha…
Jeffrey
Wrong platform to list for room rental, Grindr is a meat market. LOL
ReplyDeleteYip
Lol! I have seen it done by people but it’s a good lesson learned.
ReplyDelete:-)