Time flies and July 21 will end soon. These days, each week passes by superbly fast. I’m not sure why. Perhaps it’s age, and perhaps it’s the non-stop hustle bustle of work life. Anyway, let me capture some quick thoughts in this very random post.
We are in Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) once again and it's a little more restrictive with no dining out and some minor restrictions with regards visitations. Also, it's work from home for all, as had been so since April. The thing about working from home is that it is easier to get burnt out given the non-stop meetings. And work is definitely getting more and more intense with a lot of responsibilities, new unplanned projects, last minute taskings from bosses, and lack of resources. In fact, I was near mental collapse many a times over the last 2-3 months due to work and had frequently thought of resigning and walking away. Nonetheless I have held on till now. Not too sure how long more I can do so.
Social life was not too badly impacted given the weekly catch ups and dinners with friends. It's probably the only thing that had kept us sane during this period. We had also made deliberate efforts to go out, keep ourselves occupied and avoid staying at home as much as we can. On the other hand, it didn't help that some of my friends are going through bad relationship patches and issues and I have been roped in to counsel them. While counseling is near second nature to me, I do admit it does have a small level of psychological and/ or emotional toll on me. Just need to be conscious not to let these sessions affect me too much, especially with all the work stress and all…
Ok, this post is a tat random. Just wanted to capture some of my quick thoughts given that I have not been actively blogging lately.
Dear Jeff,
ReplyDeleteTake care and Jia You! You can do it!
regards
kg
Thanks KG 🙏🏻
ReplyDelete