Saturday, 12 June 2021

Respect

My group of friends (close enough to acknowledge ourselves as family) would hold hands and join 2 of them (who are a Roman Catholics) to say grace before meals even though amongst us, we have Buddhists, Taoists, and freethinkers. Contrary to some who may frown at this act as they might see it as sacrilegious and/ or undermining our respective faiths, I do see things otherwise. In fact, it reflects my respect to their religion and for that matter, reinforce my confidence in and faith as a Buddhist. 

Ok, this is a tat random. Am blogging as I do my evening walk.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. This is just showing respect for each others' beliefs. I am sure the others would do something Buddhist or Taoist if you asked

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly Rob.

    But sadly, for many, they focus on the acts and not the intentions behind it.

    Hope you’ve been keeping well!


    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete