Thursday, 26 November 2020

Dreams dreams dreams

Have been having rather weird dreams lately. Some of the more vivid ones include:

  • I was in a situation where I was leaving (some thing or some where), and had board a car with someone. And as the car move, I saw my mum by the road side. She was just standing there and I was deeply aware that if I did not stop and connect with her, I will never ever have the chance to do so again. And so, I stopped the car and rushed out to hug her. She didn't speak but hugged me back. The dream was so vivid and the hug felt so real. I couldn't recall how the dream ended. I woke up. Everything in the dream was black and dark.
  • In the dream, my nephew and niece visited me (?), and everyone (not even sure who) commented how much they have grown. And for some reasons, everyone gave all the attention to my niece but not my nephew. Seeing my nephew being left out, I reached out to hug him. What was weird about the dream was that even as I was deeply aware I had not met them for a couple of years (and that they had grown up), the two of them appeared rather similar to when I last met them but looked somewhat different.
  • I was crazy over one rather popular local actor and he seemed to like me a lot too. In one particular scene where we were walking, he held my hands tight. It felt so sweet. And in another moment, we were relaxing in a couch and my head rested on his thighs. The whole feeling was rather warm. Weirdly, there was another person in the dream who was trying so very hard to gain the affections of this popular actor. His presence was somewhat a distraction although it didn't bother two of us. Everything in the whole dream was white.
These were some of the more recent dreams. There were many many more...

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jeffrey,

    Dreams of connections. I'm glad you took the initiative to hug your mum.

    Maybe you should take the initiative to make other connections?

    Best wishes, Edwin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't there a type of psychologist who specializes in interpretation of dreams? Maybe you should go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has your doctor been giving you new meds?
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Edwin

    Yes, you are sharp! Now that you mentioned, they are all about connections. But I do wonder why I dreamt of all these dreams... anyway, shan’t read too much into them. Thanks for sharing Edwin, you’ve always been able to give me interesting perspectives to my dreams. Good food for thoughts indeed...

    Hope you’ve been well! And as always, really good to hear from you!


    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rob,

    Dream interpretations here (in Sg and Malaysia) is usually about numbers we can bet in the local lotteries... heh... but yeah, much as I’m curious about my dreams, I usually forget about them a couple of days later. But I do notice a couple of things - whenever I’m stressed, my mum would appear in my dream. I supposed she’s been a large part of my life and the person i’d find solace in whenever I have any problems... but as I’ve said, I don’t really try to read too much into my dreams.

    Heh...


    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Dazzah

    Come to think of it, yeah... then again, I get super sleepy with my new meds. So I think it’s unlikely due to the meds...

    Hope you’ve been well. Been a while...


    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete
  7. theres alot of meanings in dreams . wish for re-connections. if you can, make it happen for dream 2.

    I used to care for my nephews too, when they re younger.

    hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Live and let live kg. If it doesn’t happen, it doesn’t happen. It takes two hands to clap...

    ReplyDelete