Saturday, 18 May 2019

Vesak Day 2019 (Vesak 2563)

I commemorate Vesak 2019 (Vesak 2563) by myself this year. I am in the queue for the 3-step-1-bow ceremony and it certainly feels different. Very different indeed, and with a sense of loss. Commemorating this ritual over the last decade plus had been eventful and involved quite a few people... but not this year.

Have to move along with times. Have to remind myself again that the rituals I undertake as I commemorate this holy day is a personal commitment to my faith and not becos of any specific persons or friends. I had vowed to undertake the 3-step-1-bow ritual since 1990 after successfully graduating with good results and I have not stopped since. I will keep this commitment for as long as my body allows me to. I am really not sure how much further my body can withstand the physical nature of this activity. Last year, I almost suffered heat exhaustion towards the end of the ceremony and had to be helped by people around me. Hopefully, things will be well tonight. I am alone and have to remind myself to take things a step at a time, and to stop if I feel unwell.

Blessed Vesak to one and all. May this day be a reflective one for everyone as we commit and cultivate ourselves to be better human beings, and strive to achieve Enlightenment.

With Metta 🙏🏻

No comments:

Post a Comment