Tuesday, 5 March 2019

Urologist Review

Had my review with the urologist today.

Was asked to do an x-ray when I arrived and that was weird. But I learned later that it was becos they found evidence of stones in my right kidney and wanted to confirm it again.

Anyway, the urologist updated that there was no trace of infection nor cancer cells in both the blood and urine. As such, the conclusion was that blood in urine was mainly due to kidney stones.

From the ct scans, they also found evidence of stones - probably about 3mm in both kidneys. Also, a large stone about 6mm was seen in ureter but it did not show up in the x-ray done today. This was weird given the size of the stone, and thus, the urologist suspected I might have passed it out.

With these findings, the urologist suggested not to undertake any invasive treatment currently as the chance that I had passed out the stone was very high. Also, he wanted to err on the safe side given that I'm on heart medication. I was subsequently asked to return for another review in 3 months. The additional time will also allow the heart to stabilise. For now, to keep drinking and flush the system.

So that's good news I think...

4 comments:

  1. there's this herbal supplement by Himalaya Herbals that's meant for kidney or bladder stone treatment, doesn't have any side effects, pretty safe, my dad used it years ago, i forgot the name of it tho, you can check it online and give it a try if you want to after consulting your urologist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the doctor mention lithotripsy? You sit in a water tank and ultrasonic sound dissolves the stones into sand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey RB,

    Nope. He simply spoke about drinking a lot of water and allowing time to let the stone flush out. He was also careful not to put me through any procedures as he felt it would be better to let my heart stabilise.


    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete