Saturday, 12 January 2019

7-day MC

Have been given 7 days of hospitalisation leave. That means I will only be required to go back to work next Tuesday. And when I updated my boss, she told me to rest. Of course, as a courtesy, I replied that I will be contactable on my phone if needed, to which she replied - please prioritise your health accordingly. So yeah, I got her advise. Had just totally ignored my work phone and just relax and rest these two days. Of cos, I know that like it or not, when I head back to work, I will still need to catch up and be accountable for all those things under me...

And to put in perspective, I was concerned not just about my heart but also about my kidneys. You see, after the procedure, my back felt sooooo aching that I couldn’t lie still for 6 hours (the time neeeded for the blood flow to stabilise). I was also required to drink lotsa water during the period and guess what? The nurse found blood in my urine (hematuria). They suspected it could be due to the contrast used during the procedure. But really, I suspected my kidney stones have formed and is causing the internal bleeding!

Whatever the case, let’s just drink and drink and hope all ends well. Will just use these 7 days to rest and to give myself the break I needed.

2 comments:

  1. For sure get some rest! You've just been through a complicated procedure. Just think, 20 years ago you probably would have had a coronary bypass. Progress in medicine is amazing.

    ReplyDelete