Wednesday, 6 January 2016

should i be concern?

It had been two weeks since the maid moved to my brother's place.

and lately, she's been texting me "good mornings" and "good nights" daily. this might sound like an act of courtesy but when it becomes a daily routine, i get a little uneasy. and to top it all off, i got a message last friday that went "i missed you so much". should i be concerned? when i got that message, i had brushed it off, assuming that in her culture, to express such feelings is normal or that it's a language thing whose meaning and intentions was perhaps wrongly expressed during the process of translation. but when seen from the frequency of the greetings, i start to worry...

any thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Either she has a crush on you OR she identifies with your sense of loss. Besides you, she was probably your mum's main carer. I suspect it's the latter. She is probably dealing with her own sense of loss. Then again, she might not be very happy at your brother's house and she misses working for you. Either way, I suggest you stop responding to her messages. She needs to learn to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks of the suggestion. Yup, I have minimise my responses. For that matter, i have only responded once to all the non-stop messaging. Perhaps I should ask her to stop.

    hmmm...

    ReplyDelete