I had a dream this morning.
In my dream, there were unfamiliar people - and there was someone with a fully tattooed leg. The space I existed in in my dream was white. So white I was almost blinded by it. I was holding on to a canvas board. The kinda board where one would expect lots of scribbles and doodles. But the one I was holding on to was blank. Pure white. Other than this, I cannot recall much about the dream.
It’s the kinda dream that leaves you wondering wtf did I just dream of when you wake up. But yeah, reflecting, I supposed it reflected the anxieties behind my intention to resign. I have a date in my head as to when I should do it and it’s within weeks. Apart from that, I have no plans whatsoever with regards what I should do, where I should go or, for that matter, how I should unfold this next chapter of mine.
Maybe that’s the white board I was holding.
Let’s see…
Hi Jeffrey,
ReplyDeleteI suspect you are right about the white canvas board being an anxiety dream, although it could be an invitation to you to paint or write your next chapter.
The fully tattooed leg excites my imagination: so many possibilities. How did you feel about it?
Where was it going? Was it all one color or more? Was it beautiful art, or a confusing jumble of symbols? Someone's life journey or a precise moment? A male or female leg?
If it is too late to remember, I would invite it to come back and follow it.
Best wishes, Edwin
Hey Edwin,
ReplyDeleteIt’s so lovely to see your note. Been a long while. Hope you’ve been well!
For the dream, it was interesting cos everything was white, even the person, apart from his (it’s a male) right leg where the tattoos are really beautiful - very Balinese motives, intricate with red and green patterns, flowers and all. I could only see the details below the knee.
:-)
Jeffrey
Hi Jeffrey,
ReplyDeleteI think this is a very personal dream: one you would be best to interpret since it involves finding meaningful, a very subjective endeavor.
If you don't mind, I would suggest a surface reading. In the harsh bright light of day, truth be told, everything is the same, white, lacking color, beauty, meaningful difference. Except for one man whose journey, leg, has beautiful colors and designs. He is an example of what is possible. Not to be followed, but inspiration to create one's own: it's possible. The white canvas could be to plan, or maybe record. Or something like that :-)
Best regards,
Edwin
Thank you Edwin.
ReplyDeleteI can connect with your suggestion/ comments. I can also think of other interpretations. Ultimately, the dream probably reflects my current state of mind and project a conceptual view of what is possible in the times to come. And from this angle, it probably shows my current anxieties and the potential of a positive and beautiful outcome, provided I act on it. And that is something I owe myself to.
Really appreciate the sharing.
Best,
Jeffrey