Thursday, 20 May 2021

Memory lapse

I had a little, just a very little frightening experience today. I was crafting an email and attempted to spell a colleague's name. 

And I realised I had forgotten how it was spelt. It was not an unusual name and I had corresponded with her many many times over the last 4-over years. But today, for the first time I forgot how to spell her name, and no matter how I tried, I could just not get her name right. I eventually had to resort to checking her name from the email address list. Even then, I had to do a few checks before I got it right. 

I hope such memory lapse do not happen again. Her name, by the way, is Jocelyn. Not a difficult name at all. 

Worrisome?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff,

    Mental block. It happened to me occasionally too!

    regards
    kg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last month I was introducing some people in one of my departments to the president of my company. I asked one girl to come over, and then I couldn't remember her name. Total mental block. I was in a momentary panic because this was going to be super embarrassing. Suddenly I remembered. Wow, what happened to me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sort of happenstance would freak me out, for sure. as it were, i have some long-standing "irrational" fear of early onset alzheimer's. but i'm sure it was just a temporary glitch. sometimes, the more you force recall something, the more it just won't come. i've found that kind of thinking of something else and then coming back to it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea you said it. I was worried it might be the start of dementia or Alzheimer’s. My forgetfulness has been getting worst of late.

    ReplyDelete