I met up with a two friends yesterday over lunch. We've not met for more than 15 years and both brought their wife and kids along. The last time I met them, one of the kid hasn't been born yet!
We've all aged quite significantly. The conversation was an interesting one. Lots of reminiscing about the days when we worked in Florida, Tampa. That was before I was outed by the military. Frankly, I had totally forgotten a lot of the details over the years. I was not surprised cos I tend to forget about things after major upheavals in my life.
And a clearest sign of our aging - we were comparing notes about all the health issues we have. Cardio, kidney, eyes, knees, ear ringing, yadda yadda yadda... the list went on. Hahaha...
I had made very deliberate efforts to divorce myself from my military years and do not meet up with any ex-military people. But these two friends were different. Our path crossed when we were posted to FL. As the only Singaporeans there, we were more than colleagues.
It was a good gathering.
No comments:
Post a Comment