Now don't get the wrong idea about the word "fun". What I want to say here is that things are getting "fun" at work.
It's the period of planning for the new fiscal year and there are many many ideas floating around about what new things we should be doing. Challenge here is that many tasks that had become "biz as usual" have become accepted as a cultural norm and cannot be removed even as they become underrated and under appreciated. And yearly, we are asked to develop new ideas and tasked to take on new and more initiatives (that we do not necessarily agree with). I do not think this process is wrong per se. But this time round, it gets utterly crazy when the workload and responsibilities gets more than doubled, and no additional headcount is given and the budget cut by half...
Crazy is the word. Overwhelmed is how we feel. Positively, I thank the recognition and the acknowledgment that my team can deliver but there is only so far positivity can get me and my team going. Things are getting fun...
Indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment