Tuesday, 3 September 2019

Of Chickens, Rabbits & Dragons


I was in Penang over the last weekend and came across this dim sum place that was decorated with lots of lanterns. I was simply wowed by them. 

When I was a kid, it was customary for my mum to buy mooncakes for my godmother, who, in return, would buy such lanterns for me. I particularly looked forward to such cellophane lanterns and I recalled vividly that I had different animals for different years. 

My favourite lanterns include those shaped and painted to look like chickens, rabbits or dragons. And guess what - much fun as I had walking around with candle-lit lanterns, the real fun actually lie in the fact that I get the chance to play with fire! And all the time, my fun will end when my lantern got burned.

Those were the good old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment