Monday, 12 August 2019

Monthly trips

Have been able to maintain my monthly travel plans thus far! These trips may be short but importantly they do provide me the much needed mental break from work. For some reasons, I can only sleep well when I’m overseas. Once home, I get insomnia and I wake up frequently through the night. I can only suspect it’s work-related stress...

This year, for some reasons, I feel tensions and stress across the department. And people can be a little uncooperative and rude at times. The recent high turnover of good people and bosses didn't help at all given that these are the people I have to work with in my daily course of work.

Hopefully things will smoothen out.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeffrey,

    Glad to hear you are actively seeking to maintain your balance.

    As you know it's too easy to become caught up in the tensions of change. Maybe your co-workers are showing their stress? I hope things settle down soon. There are no awards for burn-out.

    Best regards, Edwin


    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Edwin!

    It’s nice to hear from you! Yes, traveling overseas is one god way to keep my own mental well being in check.

    Hope all’s well on your side too!



    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete