Sunday, 9 July 2017

dreams of being chased

i had the weirdest dream this morning. i woke up feeling confused and in my drowsy state wanted to connect and remember the whole dream, but i couldn't and fell back to sleep. it was an uneasy short sleep after that. here're snippets of the dream to the best of what i can remember.

at the start of the dream, i was in a semi-dark room full of people. from a first person's perspective, i was looking at a lot of people and i couldn't make out their faces. then someone pointed out that i was fully naked. and from a third person perspective, i saw myself nude and awkward. i was trying to cover myself using my hands.

i found myself out at sea and it seemed like i was drifting - i couldn't make sense whether i was drifting further out or further in initially but after sometime, it seemed like i was drifting towards land. i couldn't make out how deep the water was but as i was nearing the shore, i decided to jump into the water. initially my legs could touch some soft mud but it was nothing i could stand on, i continue swimming towards the shore. through the whole period, the water was just superbly calm, not a single wave nor indications of choppiness. there was a wooden plank walkway that appeared beside me as i swam and i saw my friends on the walkway. they seemed oblivious to me swimming.

i found myself on land. and i was racing and running cos i was being chased and there was danger everywhere. i found myself in a car driven by someone familiar. but this was a faceless person and i didn't know who this person was. but it was someone i could trust. the car drove on and before i knew it, a dog (that appeared in the car) started to attack me. i found myself being chased in a dark forest. the car, with its headlights had fallen behind. soon enough, i was cornered by huge tree trunks and the dog (that now seemed more like a wolf) pounced onto me. i picked up a sharp object and struck its head. the head cracked and blood gushed out of it. it laid at the base of the tree beside me. dead. i was overwhelmed and burst out crying as i had, over time, grown to like the dog (or wolf?).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeffrey,

    Definitely an anxiety dream, but much more. At least that's my sense of it.

    The complexity at the end makes this more of a personal dream. Interesting, but you will need to provide the who or what (besides people or things I would include concepts, situations etc ... really open ended, so I'm throwing in the towel on this one ;-)

    I would suggest remaining open to the dream, and if it has deep significance it will return in some form. Dreams can reveal how we really feel, knowing that feelings can be very complex and tangled. You have high emotional IQ so nothing new from me :-)

    I had several dreams that included my mother this last week: pleasant visits. To be expected, I suppose, since it was the sixth month of her passing.

    Best regards, Edwin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Edwin,

    It's good to hear from you. Time flies! Didn't realise it's been six months. Hope you're moving on ok. It takes time to grieve and to get over a loss but over time, we remember the happy times and the warm glow stays in the heart.

    Yes, the dream was anxiety-related/ induced and I was under tremendous amount of stress at that time due to the convergence of many issues altogether - almost all people-related and many not within my control (resignations, politics, etc) - and made worst by the amount of work that piled and piled relentlessly. And although my boss has been extremely nice to me (which is a plus), the work still needs to be delivered and that contributed to more stress. It's always a case of "hey, I know you are really busy and have lotsa issues to solve... but I need this/ that... by today".

    Things are still the same but I think I'm a lot of composed now, after reflecting on the issues and coming to terms with them. Just need to move along and manage as best as I can. Time will help but in the interim, will just have to absorb the stress.

    Thanks for reaching out again. You've been a great support all these while and I do really appreciate it.


    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete